At this time of year; we are blessed with quite a menagerie to watch from our kitchen and living room windows. I don't want to think about the time that they will be leaving for warmer weather. I can't keep the feeders filled for the birds. There are about 5 or 6 hummingbirds that stay here. Having 2 huge "Rose of Sharon" bushes in the yard and 4 hanging impatiens baskets, help us to keep them around. Jon and I sit in the yard every evening after our walk, and enjoy those hungry little things, fighting over the 2 feeders. Why is it that the males are so possessive? We also have a finch feeder in another tree that is heavily used. We love this feeder the most, I think, because it takes care of all the other birds that don't drink hummingbird nectar and eat thistle seeds. Of course, the raccoons and squirrels have access to it too.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it! We also have a bird feeder and often will watch them coming and going. I wonder what they are saying to each other... it seems to me they are having very lively conversation!
You need to send out an e-mail to everyone telling them about your blog! I know they would love to see what you are up to! Especially family far away, like Jenny in Japan! Have you been to her website? It's http://dumpfam.blogspot.com/
Love you!!
Erin
Post a Comment