We went to our son Jon's home for a fish fry and cookout. He had saved up some stripers, bass, and walleye, from several fishing trips that he has made lately. I am so thankful that he wanted to share it with us. We all took a covered dish and ate like we hadn't eaten for days. He has a beautiful pond that is just gorgeous; with a beach area on one end. There is a big float out in the middle that serves as a diving board or just a resting place in the sun. I can't believe that I let the girls talks me into donning a bathing suit and going for a swim. It was about 93 degrees and I couldn't resist. We had so much fun with the little ones. Maddy is 8 and Peyton is 5; and they are like fish in the water. They do use the little are floaties in the deep water. Haley is nearly 4 and Colton is almost 2. They loved playing in the sand and wading. Jon made a caramel pie that was so rich that you needed a quart of milk to drink with it. Jon Sr. and I split one little sliver. It was a fun day and we really enjoyed seeing all the family that we hadn't seen for a while. I hated for the day to end.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What fun!
I want the recipe for the Caramel Pie... that sounds yummy!
Post a Comment